8.01.2011

DG Flower Pot Makeover......

Almost a month ago I bought 2 Gerber Daisy's that were 50% off at one of our local nursery's...Danville Gardens in hopes to replant them into a colorful flower pot.  So a couple weeks ago Dollar General had their plastic flower pots 50% off which means I bought it for $2.50!  



On one of my many trips to Lowe's I had picked up this paint....




I don't know if your Lowe's store does this but ours will put returned paint and miss-tints under the paint counter at a HUGE discount. 
This particular can was a miss-tint...that was $14.49 and I picked it up for $5.00!!


So I knew when I bought the flower pot that I was going to paint it this color.

I did not prime it first but you could if you want to.  It did take 2 coats....as you can see I also painted the inside lip....



Once it's painted to your liking and has dried you will want to spray it with a Clear Enamel Spray.  This way when it rains it will be protected.

I picked up a few spike grasses @ Kmart and a bag of potting soil both half off!

You can see I filled it with potting soil just under the inside lip.  I put the 2 grasses beside each other to the back and then in front of those added 1 of the Gerber Daisy's.

Here it is all put together......




I'd love for you to share your planting DIY's.....add a comment with a link to your post.

Happy Monday!!

xo
johanna


Linking up to:


Keeping It Simple
Making

BWS tips button
Sumo's Sweet Stuff




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome......xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...